Rudish Executive Search connects premier healthcare organizations worldwide with experienced, highly skilled professionals. We currently have 2 prestigious clients looking for finance professionals. If you are interested in these opportunities and match the qualifications, please email Nancy DeMoss at email@example.com.
Associate Vice President of Finance, College of Medicine – Midwest
Position Summary: The AVP Finance will direct and oversee the financial activities of the CoM and the physician organization, including preparation of financial reports, as well as summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook. The AVP will also ensure the provision of financial services and management that enables both organizations to achieve its operational and strategic goals and initiatives in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in general accounting, personnel practices, and coordination of major administrative functions.
- Experience with external public accounting firms and prior experience as a fiscal officer/leader within a large hospital is preferred.
- Experience in progressively responsible positions that include at least seven years of successful collaboration in strategic program development and strategic budget planning along with budget management and business planning also strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the operations of a college of medicine, of physician practices and other
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business is required. CPA certification is preferred. Health science colleges strongly desired.
Senior Vice President, Financial Operations – New York, NY
Position Summary: The SVP, Financial Operations, in this newly created role, will report to the Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer and will work closely with senior leadership throughout the Finance department and the rest of the organization. There will be three direct reports into the SVP, Financial Operations – Vice President of Revenue Cycle (overall responsibility for hospital patient revenue cycle from “front to back” and directly responsible for Patient Access, Charge Capture, Denials Management, Billing and Collection), Vice President of Budgeting and Forecasting (overall responsibility for development and management of budgets and forecasts for the enterprise and directly responsible for the Budget and Decision Support departments), and Senior Director of Insurance and Real Estate. Each of these positions has direct reports and a staff that they are responsible for.
- 10+ years financial leadership/management experience within a large hospital/health system.
- Financial success in managing a complex healthcare environment.
- Team builder with the ability to develop and motivate others, as well as create well-defined individual and staff goals.
- Consistent track record demonstrating initiative and follow-through with developing and managing financial processes, systems and controls.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and awareness of continuing changes that affect financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and Master’s preferred; CPA or Master’s required.
Vice President, Financial Accounting – New York, NY
Position Summary: The Vice President, Financial Accounting reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer and plays a key role in the strategic and financial well-being of the institution by ensuring the accuracy of the hospital’s books and records. The Vice President Financial Accounting will analyze and interpret accounting regulations and assess their impact on financial covenants and other benchmarks. Through the management of the function, the Vice President, Financial Accounting will oversee the timely and accurate financial reporting for the Hospital and its affiliates. He/she will bring high-level insight and perspective to the analysis and interpretation of the financial results and make appropriate recommendations.
The position has additional responsibility for: tax, treasury with oversight of day-to-day banking and cash management activities, reimbursement and financial regulatory issues, endowment processes, and maintenance of a strong internal control environment. The role interfaces with many departments and functions within the institution. He/She will be involved in quality and improvement initiatives.
- Solid experience (10-15 years) of progressive accounting experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ managerial leadership experience
- Breadth of healthcare experience required, including in-depth knowledge of:
- Hospital accounting and reporting requirements
- Hospital expense management
- Big 4 accounting experience (manager or senior manager level) and not-for-profit experience are highly desirable.
- Major teaching-/surgical-hospital experience is highly desirable.
- Strong technical expertise in FASB/GAAP and associated technical issues; highly analytical; capable of providing strategic analysis and insight on financial reporting, revenue cycle, and treasury. Awareness of continuing changes that affect financial reporting. Ability to counsel and advise Hospital leadership on a range of related matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s degree preferable but not required depending on level of relevant experience; CPA required